Thursday, November 20, 2008

Review: "The Naked Gun: from the Files of Police Squad!" Grade: B


Review: "The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad"
Grade: B
I don’t watch a lot of spoofs because they are not really my thing in terms of me going out of my way to seek them out. They have a bad name nowadays due to the Scary Movie sequels and the batch of “Epic Movie” types. When they are done well though, they have more jokes in them than any other kind and if the majority of them work, they provide more consistent laughs than most other movies. I have finally seen The Naked Gun and I have to say I found myself finding the better part of the jokes to be funny and not just funny but really really funny and many times hilarious. The cast is very dated, there is no denying that: Priscilla Presley, Ricardo Montalban, O.J Simpson, etc. The jokes still work though and I was surprised by how clever some of them were and how many joked there were in the movie. It never lets up. Leslie Nielsen was great with his comedic timing and delivery being spot on. I really enjoyed this.

No comments: