Friday, February 6, 2009

"Horton Hears a Who" (2008) Grade: A-/B+


"Horton Hears a Who" (2008)
Grade: A-/B+

I cannot explain what a kick I got out of this movie. I was expecting to be pleasently entertained but I laughed so much and was so taken in by everything. This won't be a long review because there is not much to say here except I loved this movie. Loved loved loved it. The Katie character was one of the most bizarre and random creations I've seen in animation in a long time but I was laughing so much everytime we saw her. The voice work was excellent with Jim Carrey providing such a likeability, fun loving innocence to Horton and Steve Carell provides an amusing practicality to the Mayor. I just really truly enjoyed this. It might have strayed from the feel of Dr. Seuss with its humor and slapstick but I still feel like it captures the feel of his drawings and the appreciation for life that his stories carry. Did I mention I loved this?

No comments: